In clinical research, placebo and nocebo effects are of critical importance. In most medical specialties, clinical trials are characterized by comparing active drug to inert placebo pill under double-blinded conditions. In this standard design, the placebo effect interferes and impedes the quantification of the pharmacological effect of the test substance (assay sensitivity) or sometimes renders this impossible.
We offer expert and distinguished consultation for
- Planning and design of clinical studies
- Optimizing the control of placebo effects in clinical studies
- Conception of alternative study designs
- Training and instructions for staff involved in clinical trials
- Analysis of previous successful or unseccessful studies